For this post, I have put together a collection of the best shoes for accessory navicular syndrome currently available which will help sufferers continue daily activities comfortably.
Well, uncomfortable shoes can make people with this problem suffer trauma, irritation, and so much straining. Although there are various ways way to heal the conditions, such as corrective surgery, some special shoes can help prevent and ease the pain. This article going to help you find the best shoes for this matter.
Let’s dive in…
What is Accessory Navicular Syndrome?
There are people with extra bone or the accessory navicular but causes no harm, and they lead a healthy life. Similarly, there are other individuals who the extra bone develops into a severely painful condition referred to as accessory navicular syndrome.
Most people with accessory navicular syndrome also suffer fallen aches (commonly known as flat feet). Having flat feet plus this condition aggravates the pain because strains the posterior tibial tendon the more. Aggravating the posterior tibial tendon may lead to ankle strain trauma, chronic irritation, or overuse.
Accessory Navicular Treatment
After the diagnostic process is done and proves that’s indeed you have accessory navicular syndrome condition, doctors may recommend any of the below treatment methods.
Ice: A bag of ice covered with a piece of cloth may be placed in an affected area to help heal the swelling.
Mobilization: In this approach, a removable boot may be recommended to reduce the inflammation in the affected region.
Physical therapy: To strengthen muscles, tissues, and also prevent the recurring of the pain or swellings, physical therapy may be recommended. This includes treatments and exercises.
There are other approaches like orthotic insertions, medications, and surgery to remove that extra borne ultimately.
The Benefit of Using Shoes for Accessory Navicular Syndrome
There are several benefits of using safe shoes for the accessory navicular syndrome. Reliable shoes to ease the pain that results from navicular syndrome offers undisputable underfoot protection. In that, you can wear them and walk through all terrains, and still, your safety is guaranteed.
Another benefit of good shoes for supporting those suffering from accessory navicular syndrome is that they are lightweight and well-cushioned. For this reason, you can wear them for long hours comfortably, and they will always absorb any shock impact. Comfort is further enhanced by their breathability to allow adequate airflow.
Best Shoes for Accessory Navicular Syndrome
|Mizuno Women's Wave Prophecy 8 Running Shoe||Textile and Synthetic||Rubber||Check Price|
|Vionic Men's Walker||Leather||Rubber||Check Price|
|Steel Edge Walking Shoes for Women||Leather||Rubber||Check Price|
|Saucony Women's Cohesion 10 Running Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber||Check Price|
|Brooks Men's Dyad 11 Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||Check Price|
|ASICS Men's Gel-Nimbus 19 Running Shoe||Synthetic||Rubber||Check Price|
|Brooks Womens Addiction 14 Running Shoe||Mesh||Rubber||Check Price|
1. Brooks Men’s Dyad 11
Brooks is a brand that does extra research before creating a product. Stability is not the only thing the company considered when assembling Brooks Dyad 11. The main reason the lightweight model was designed is to help those who need accessory navicular pain relief.
The accessory navicular syndrome is mostly associated with flat foot. Brooks Dyad 11 supports runners with flat feet, while also having accessory navicular syndrome perform comfortably.
They are designed with a bit hard cushioning, but that is not a problem since they are to be worn with customized orthotics. So, the shoes fit comfortably and easily. They are designed to support the ankle and with a mesh upper for ease airflow.
- The mesh material upper offers protection and breathability
- Provides unconditional stability to users
- Supports the ankle and foot fit
- Manufactured light for ideal comfort
- Have an aesthetic design giving a real-time impression
- Cushioning is not reliable
- Sole feels firm and less flexible
2. Orthofeet Coral Women’s Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
If you think, this women’s model by Orthofeet is specifically for people with plantar fasciitis, you are wrong. This is one of the recommended and treasured sneakers as the best sneakers for accessory navicular that you can wear for your recovery.
They are manufactured lightweight and attractive, which makes them versatile to use in both casual and official occasions. The women’s Coral comes in three elegant colors to win more users.
They are all-rounder with the ortho-cushioning system, EVA cushioning, and the foam cushioning all work together to boost comfort. They feature anti-microbial and ant fungal keeping odors at bay while preventing joint stress.
- Offers ideal arch support
- Gives real-time user stability
- Comprises high tech cushioning
- Features complete mesh upper for breathability
- Comes in various color options
- Sizes may run small
- A bit expensive
3. Asics Men’s Gel-Nimbus 19
Thanks to the ASICS, Gel Nimbus 19 is a premium series model that has proved to be savior equipment for health benefits. Hiking, casual walking and most essential preferred as best running shoes for accessory navicular syndrome. The shoes come lightweight, featuring the latest FlyteFoam Midsole technology.
Their comfort is excellent, which ensures you get qualities proportional to the cost. Their midsole cushioning and ankle area support protects the user from any shock impact. ASICS Gel Nimbus 19 shoes for men have carbon made DuraSponge, which enhances flexibility and durability.
- Durasponge carbon outsole enhances durability
- Shoe interior cushioning guarantees abrasion-free and comfort
- Forefoot and rearfoot gel-cushioning prevents shock impact
- Responsive with ant bacterial sockliner
- Lightweight with seamless upper make
- Narrow fitting with little toebox space
- Cost expensive for most to afford
4. Brooks Women’s Addiction 14
When searching for the best shoes for accessory navicular syndrome, this women-friendly model should top your list. Brooks Women’s Addiction 14 offers attractive properties that you can rarely find elsewhere. These shoes offer exceptional comfort and breathability because of their synthetic material.
Many women not only prefer them for their ornamental part, but they are designed to keep the feet dry and aired. Comfort is further improved by cushions, tongue padding and insulation incorporated with these shoes. The shoes involve BioMoGo midsole for adaptability when walking or running. With segmented crash pads, motion is smooth that will help you best.
- The entire mesh upper ensures optimal breathability
- The structure is impressive and elegant
- Moisture-wicking lining ensures feet are ever dry
- Cushioning is sufficient hence comfortable
- No color variety available
- Some users say the upper wears out soon
5. Hoka One One Men’s Clifton 6
The HOKA ONE ONE brand is credited for this superb men’s running wear. What is unique about these shoes is that unlike most shoes that will wear depreciating, this model first appreciates by reducing in weight becoming smooth and soft.
The shoes have continued in upward mobility since producing the first series. Also, the shoes provide arch support for accessory navicular bone.
Especially runners who have suffered from accessory navicular syndrome glorify these shoes. Some always give remarks on their performance and recovery after using Men’s Clifton 6. These shoes are adaptive with a spacious toebox for comfort and protection.
- Involves lightweight and responsive EVA midsole
- Offers smooth steps transition
- They are durable and can last longer
- Have mesh upper textile for breathability
- Features moisture drying lining to prevent odors
- This model is costly to afford
6. Mizuno Women’s Wave Prophecy 8
Women with conditions like plantar fasciitis or the accessory navicular syndrome should consider these supportive shoes by Mizuno brand. The shoes can help you recover, and also serve you while running. You do not have to feel doomed when you sudden develop the navicular syndrome.
The shoes come in lightweight, all sizes, and a variety of colors to choose from. Comfort and stability is Mizuno’s top concern. The protection of the injured area is of utmost importance. You can run using these shoes even with plantar fasciitis like never before.
- They come in many color options to choose
- Incorporate mesh upper for optimum breathability
- With infinity, wave plate technology, durability is ensured
- With these shoes, plantar fasciitis cannot stop you
- Designed lightweight and comfortable
- The arch support is just moderate
- The toebox is not firm
7. Vionic Walker Men’s Shoes
Vionic is a reputable brand that has nothing to cheat but produce supportive accessories which will prove useful for their intended purpose. These shoes offer comfort and support we all need. Running or walking events will no longer be halted when you have these best shoes for accessory navicular bone.
The shoes are designed with full-grain leather upper, which is waterproof, and with the polyester lining, the shoes are breathable. With the PU foam, comfort is a sure thing. They are designed stable and with EVA midsole, which promotes heel to toe transition when walking or running.
Not only that vionic men’s walker shoes deliver arch support but also helps alleviate, knee pain, ankle pain, overpronation, and other leg-to-foot-related conditions
- Promotes heel-to-toe smooth transition
- Heals overpronation, back pain, and heel pain
- Thermoplastic firmness improves stability
- Features moisture-wicking polyester mesh
- Have breathable water resistance upper
- They look a bit bulky
- Not true to sizes
8. Steel Edge Women’s Walking Shoes
These shoes is excellent additions for active women. As best women shoes for accessory navicular bone, they have proven natural remedy to users with the condition. They are built versatile so that you can use them fr walking, jogging, running, and doing other exercises. Soft fabrics made these sneakers durable and offer luxurious comfort all the time.
With ideal lace-up to fit, they make your posture upright, preventing possible back pain. The stylish ornament women’s sneakers are well cushioned to allow incomparable comfort. Moreover, these shoes are designed lightweight and breathable, preventing bad smell and fatigue when worn for long hours.
- Enhances upright posture preventing back pain
- Designed lightweight hence usable for hours
- Adequately cushioned to ensure comfort and style
- Made of soft fabric materials for durability
- Provides excellent ankle and foot support
- Designed wide, while many women fancy narrow shoes
- May take some time to break in
9. Saucony Men’s Grid Omni Walker
They have come up with this cool model to support you for reducing foot pain. This footwear from Saucony is ideal for those with foot overpronation and other runners who need ultimate foot arch support.
The shoes come in various widths to reach a larger market. Many enthusiasts who needs accessory navicular bone pain relief relies on Men’s Grid Omni Walker shoes when doing exercises. So the cushioned sneakers also work to help those having overpronation and arches issues.
- They come with a moderate pronation for adaptability
- Absorbs shock hence offering underfoot protection
- Outsole incorporates Original Walk Trac for smooth walking
- Asymmetry sole adaptability takes foot’s natural shape
- Interior cushions ensure total comfort
- There are only two standard colors
- Some styles cost very high
10. Saucony Women’s Cohesion 10
Whether you are looking for ideal running gear, walking, hiking, plantar fasciitis, or to help in recovery and easing the pain of accessory navicular syndrome, Saucony women’s cohesion 10 is the solution.
This model involves moderate cushioning to keep the feet safe from shock or pressure. These shoes are very light, and the greater part of the upper is mesh to ensure optimal airflow while in vigorous motion.
With injection-molded EVA midsole and reinforced with heel GRID, you can be sure that your ankle is fully supported. The comfort in these shoes helps users, especially runners with the accessory navicular bone condition, run comfortably.
- Sells at a buyer-friendly price
- They are versatile, to train in many activities
- There are sufficient cushions
- Feature injection-molded EVA sole for support
- There are no unnecessary overlays
- No enough arch support
- Performs poorly in dump environments
11. New Balance Men’s 990 V4 Sneaker
These shoes is one example of trust in their products. New balance men’s 990 v4 is a blend of all an athlete would want and a healing approach to those looking for footwear for the accessory navicular bone. They are lightweight, breathable, comfortable, and with pure grain leather plus textile upper to ensure durability.
What makes this model limitless is that it has all the technology could accord, from pigskin upper, ENCAP, and EVA midsole tech. The outsole has traction to ensure proper grip, preventing any injuries while walking or running.
- ENCAP plus ACTIVA LITE and EVA foam improves durability
- Comes in many sizes
- The model comes in various colors too
- The cushioning protects users from shocks
- Designed lightweight hence comfort
- Not retails true to sizes
- Poor flexibility and responsiveness
Criteria to Follow When Buying Shoes to Alleviate Accessory Navicular Syndrome
Before you pay for your chosen best shoes for accessory navicular syndrome, whether online or locally, ensure you read the criteria. Remember that buying blindly may result in you buying kind of footwear that will aggravate your condition the more.
Ensure You Buy Durable Shoes
Well, think big. Sometimes it is worthy buying a certain model at a high price when another alternative is there. The reason being sometimes you may invest your money on buying cheap but shoes that wear out soon. Consider the cost in the long run.
Consider Cost and Fashionable Style
Just be diligent when buying. Sometimes, you have no choice but to leave out the quality you cannot afford. Just make a careful choice, and you will get the best quality at your budget. Automatically, the ornamental or physical look of the shoe matters. You cannot waste money buying a pair of shoes you feel ashamed of wearing on an exposed occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Helps Accessory Navicular Pain?
Some several approaches help accessory navicular syndrome. There are nonsurgical practices such as the use of ice, immobilization, and others. Those methods do not offer a permanent solution but reduce the pain. Surgical like removing the bone is a perpetual solution.
How Do You Know If You Have Accessory Navicular?
To know that you have accessory navicular, you can feel and see the symptoms, after which your doctor can confirm that indeed you have it. There is a visible bone protruding just above the arch. you can notice the inflammation and redness on that physical bony. Both the arch and midfoot will be severely painful.
Can You Walk With a Navicular Stress Fracture?
It will depend if you have a cast applied and you feel comfortable, then why not walk? In any case, you have severe pain you will have to stay come until you improve.
Can I Wear Boots With Navicular Syndrome?
Yes, very comfortably. The boots described in this article will help you walk like normal. Boots need to have qualities to protect you when walking and help lover the resulting pain.
Whether you are looking for the best shoes for accessory navicular syndrome or a healthy treat for your feet, our top picks for accessory navicular syndrome will please you. These are the perfect shoes for accessory navicular syndrome you can buy. Good luck!