Back pain is a serious pain which can cause great suffering in daily life. The person who has back pain can know how much pathetic it is. If you are looking for the best shoes for back pain, here we extend our helping hand to pick the right pair of shoes for you.
In this writing, we want to show the main features and functionality of each shoe. We also include the price rate of some shoes to let you know about your budget. Hopefully, you will get the perfect shoe for your back pain and enjoy a sound life.
Causes of Lower Back Pain
There is a bunch of reasons for the outbreak of lower back pain. First, you need to know that obesity and low exercise lifestyle keep on being the primary reason. The ligaments and discs between your vertebrae are becoming more and more vulnerable to sudden pressures. This why the internal nerves that are coming downwards getting suppressed and this aggravates the whole situation.
Other people state that the real cause of back pain is the wrong selection of shoes. When you have inadequate shoes on, your gait becomes a lot different and may give you a hard time walking.
Features of a Good Shoe for Lower Back Pain
The good shoes for back pain are always soft to touch and have the best cushioning possible. Today there is the chance to buy the best shoes online that can keep you stable and take the pain away.
Not to mention that there is always the chance to care about your ankle and foot curve that are the first places where the pain is getting installed. More and more these shoes are having softer top to care about the foot arcs.
Finally. there is the outer part of the shoes that give you more balance than ever before. You can step on any surface and forget back pain.
How To Manage Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain is only addressed by mild exercise. So put on your shoes and start trailing wherever you like. Don’t forget to sleep well and always do the special back pain exercises that are prescribed by your physician.
Our Top Picks
- Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Gts 17 – Shoes for Back Pain Sufferers
- Brooks Women’s Ghost 10 – Best Shoes for Back Pain Women’s
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 24 – Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- Clarks Women’s Arla Glison – Best Sandals for Back Pain
- Brooks Men’s Addiction – Best Walking Shoes for Back Pain
- Orthofeet Sprint Men’s – Best Athletic Shoes for Back Pain
- New Balance Men’s MW877 – Best Sneakers for Back Pain
15 Best Shoes For Back Pain
1. Brooks Men’s Adrenaline Gts 17 – Shoes for Back Pain Sufferers
If you are looking for the best walking shoes for back pain, Brooks Men’s Levitate is our first choice. This shoe is designed with the highest energy return technology. It helps you to rise in every challenge that you face on the road. You can get neutral support from these shoes.
This shoe is built with high energizing cushioning. You can get the right amount of cushion on various types of hard surfaces. The shoe has a 3D Fit Print and FitKnit upper. It can move and expand along with your foot. It offers an incredibly comfortable fit.
The lace-up closure of this shoe delivers a secure as well as adjustable fit. The padded tongue and collar are designed for added comfort. There is a smooth fabric lining. It can provide a great in-shoe feel. With the removable cushioned footbed, it is super comfortable in shock absorption.
This shoe great for plantar fasciitis. All the features will help you to minimize your back pain as well as other foot pain. Collect these shoes for amazing movement flexibility.
- Features smooth fabric lining which offers a great cushioned feeling
- A removable cushioned footbed designed for added underfoot support
- Lace-up closure offers a secure and adjustable fit.
- designed with the highest energy return capability
- High energizing cushioning
- Too much expensive
- Not good enough for flat feet
2. Brooks Women’s Ghost 10 – Best Shoes for Back Pain Women’s
These best running shoes for back pain come from Brooks. This company has not too much popularity. But they show their class with some amazing shoes. This Brooks Women’s, Ghost 10 Running Sneakers Wide Width is one of them. The shoe is specially designed for women who have wide feet.
The shoe has a fabric upper for optimal comfort. There is a rubber sole for durability. With this Women’s Brooks, Ghost 10 Running Sneakers Wide Width; you can enjoy the smoothest ride. The fabric mesh upper of this shoe is very much stylish also.
With logo accents, the shoe is built for a soft and secure fit. You can also get lace-up closure for a secure fit. The padded collar and tongue add support. Fabric lining of this shoe also makes them more comfortable.
- Fabric mesh upper with rubber sole
- Running Sneakers for wide width
- Enjoy the smoothest ride with the fabric lining
- With logo accents for a soft and secure fit
- Lace-up closure for a secure fit with a padded collar and tongue for added support
- Toe box may feel tight
- Arch support doesn’t enough
3. ASICS Men’s Gel-Kayano 24 – Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain
If you are searching for the best shoes for lower back pain, this shoe is a good option for you. ASICS Gel-Kayano 24 Men’s Running Shoe is built with specific quality for running. With the amazing responsive support, it can be a great option to relieve any kind of foot pain like back pain, heel pain, lower back pain, etc.
ASICS Gel-Kayano 24 Men’s Running Shoe is made with textile or synthetic upper. It is imported. It has a rubber sole. The brand has a design philosophy. The midsole of this shoe provides the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning. The cushioning properties are capable to reduce weight and exceptional durability.
The heel counter offers improved support. It also creates an improved heel fitting environment. There is a DUOMAX system in this shoe. It helps to enhance stability and support. These best shoes for back pain are stylish also. These lightweight shoes have huge colour options.
- ASICS design to enhance the foot’s natural gait from heel strike to toe
- Gives the ultimate combination of bounce back and cushioning properties
- Built with reduced weight and exceptional durability.
- The exoskeletal heel counter provides improved support
- Help to create an improved heel fitting environment.
- Price is high
- Size may vary
4. Easy Spirit Women’s Traveltime Mule – Good Shoes for Back Pain
This is a travel shoe. It is a women shoe. It is 100 percent suede shoe. This Easy Spirit Women’s Traveltime Mule shoe is very much flexible for back pain. It is a mule with a flexible outsole. The outsole helps to stable on your daily movement.
This shoe keeps your foot in a breathable tennis-shoe like a clog. There is a fabric upper of this shoe. It provides a distinct design. The rubber sole of this shoe can absorb shock. It is added for comfort with every step. The shaft of this shoe is measured approximately not applicable from the arch.
The platform is measured at approximately 0.75 inches. Therefore, you can get not a high platform but a desirable one. With the cushioned insole and flexible outsole, this shoe is great for relieving back pain, foot pain, and heel pain also.
- 100% suede material
- Rubber sole for the durability
- Capable of absorbs shock for comfort
- Features cushioned insole and flexible outsole
- May make noise when walking
- May run small
5. Clarks Women’s Arla Glison – Best Sandals for Back Pain
This is a shoe for lower back pain. Then, if you are looking for the best walking shoes for lower back pain; this Clarks shoe is for you. Clarks Women’s Arla Glison Flip Flop is so much stylish, fashionable as well as comfortable shoe. With the synthetic sole, it offers great support on heel, ankle, and arch.
Clarks Women’s Arla Glison Flip Flop provides the best of comfort technology. This classical feminine shoe will help you to make an appealing look. There is a fabric upper. It feels soft between the toes. The Eva midsole keeps the sandals feather-light. The OrthoLite footbed of this shoe ensures optimal comfort all day.
The sole material of this shoe is TPR Textile. With the cushion Soft technology, it is a good choice for minimizing your back pain. These best shoes for back pain have huge colour and design options. So, you can take a pair by matching with your outfit.
- Textile upper with a synthetic sole
- Shaft measures approximately not applicable from arch
- An EVA midsole keeps the shoe great in support
- comes with cushion soft technology
- EVA sole with TPR Textile
- Runs small
- Ankle support is not proper
6. Brooks Men’s Addiction – Best Walking Shoes for Back Pain
This is our third option from Brooks. This brand has added some extra features to their shoe which can be a relief for back pain. That’s why we pick shoes from this manufacturer. The shoe has a nubuck upper. This Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes can be considered as the best walking shoes for back pain.
Brooks Men’s Addiction Walker Walking Shoes feature a synthetic sole. It can take loaded with offering the proper support. If you have low arches, this shoe is good for you. So, we recommend the high arch people not to buy this shoe.
Another thing is, if you have overpronation, this casual shoe is a contemporary walking shoe for overall uses. You feel great whenever and wherever you go with this shoe. Use these best athletic shoes for lower back pain and let us know about your experience through the comment section.
- Nubuck and synthetic sole
- Great support for your low arches
- Help to control overpronation easily
- Casual and contemporary walking shoe
- Price is too much high
- May look bulky
7. Orthofeet Sprint Men’s – Best Athletic Shoes for Back Pain
This shoe is so famous for various types of pain relief. You can find this shoe in many foot problem-related articles and reviews also. This leather shoe has amazing orthotic support. Orthofeet Proven Pain Relief Plantar Fasciitis Men’s Sneakers feature some excellent quality that you can be highly interested to purchase this shoe.
The shoe has a premium orthotic insole. There is anatomical arch support in this shoe. It will minimize the pain for moving to and fro. The cushioning heel pad conforms to the flexible position of your foot as you walk. It will help you to enhance comfort. It also helps you to alleviate pain and lower back. The shoe is biomechanically engineered to alleviate stress on different parts of joints.
The shoe is designed in mind to enhance stability and to help facilitate the user’s foot motion.
- Enhances comfort and help to alleviate pain at the back
- Featuring ortho-Cushion system with air cushioning softens step
- Wide toe box can eliminate pressure on bunions and hammer toes
- Designed with innovative comfort features for various foot pain
- Engineered to offer the best footwear solution for
- Minimal color options available
- Too small and narrow
8. Clarks CloudSteppers Sillian Paz – Best Shoes for Back Support
Clarks are increasing their footwear quality day by day. With their time round experience, they have made some amazing shoes for special purposes. This is our second shoe from this brand. This Clarks Women’s CloudSteppers Sillian Paz Slip-On Loafer comes with 100% textile upper.
The shoe is awesome in stability and support. With a synthetic sole, this shoe gives you that much support which you need. As back pain causes the female most, they need extra care by their footwear. This shoe is built with this thought.
There is a removable insole. The insole keeps your feet in the internal cushion. It also offers traction support. This Cloudstepper shoe has an ortholite footbed for stability. You can enjoy a cushion soft movement when you put on this shoe.
- 100% Textile and synthetic sole
- Heel measures approximately 1.5″
- Removable insole for the flexibility
- Cloudstepper with comfortable Ortholite footbed
- Cushion soft step on
- Too tight across the instep
- Soles may slippery on carpet
9. New Balance Men’s MW877 – Best Sneakers for Back Pain
There is nothing to say about a new balance. It is one of the famous footwear as the best shoes for back pain. With a long time of experience, they make their position on the top list in the industry. This New Balance Men’s MW877 Walking Shoe is a good option for back pain.
The materials of this shoe are 100% suede or mesh. This is a classic synthetic as well as mesh walking shoe. It is featuring seamless logos at sides. This is a sign of this brand. The midsole offers ABZORB midsole cushioning. Therefore, you will enjoy the right amount of cushion.
With the walking strike path technology, this shoe is great for pain relief. It features a padded tongue and collar. They combine excellent comfort. These shoes are assembled in the USA.
- 100% Suede and mesh upper
- Featuring seamless logos at sides which gives a stylish look
- ABZORB midsole cushioning offers extreme comfort
- Walking Strike Path technology to protect you
- Padded tongue and collar combine amazing comfort
- May feel heavy
- Didn’t fit properly in the heel
10. Orthofeet Coral Gray Stretchable – Best Walking Shoes for Lower Back Pain
This sneaker comes with orthotic support with a premium orthotic insole. There are lots of features for keeping the wearer right in comfy and support. Orthofeet Women’s Plantar Fasciitis Orthopedic Diabetic Walking Athletic Shoes Coral Sneakers are one of the best options for various types of foot problems.
The shoe is very much lightweight having a light sole also. You can move with air cushioning softens step by using this shoe. The Ortho-Cushion system of this shoe will assist to alleviate stress on the joints. It also increases stability and helps to facilitate natural foot motion.
There is a non-binding, extra depth soft upper to keep the user snug. The wide toe box of this shoe eliminates pressure on bunions and toes.
You will get soft as well as seam-free interior lining which gives you superior snug. It also protects you from falling injury. But there is a sizing problem of this shoe. We recommended you to order a half-size larger than your normal size.
- Gives orthotic support with a premium orthotic insole
- With anatomical arch support as well as cushioning heel pad
- Help to enhance comfort and alleviate pain at different portions of your body
- With Ortho-Cushion System, it is biomechanically engineered to alleviate stress
- Capable to enhance stability and help facilitate foot motion
- May run small
11. KEEN Men’s Austin Shoe
Now we review a shoe from KEEN. If you look forward to these brands history, you will be surprised. It is an American footwear company. It is founded in 2005 in Portland. They have served their shoes in the USA, Canada and all over the world nowadays. When there is a question of safety, support, and comfort, you can believe in their products.
KEEN Men’s Austin Shoe is made with a 100% combination of waterproof nubuck and full-grain leather. The leather makes the shoe comfort like walking on a cloud. Being waterproof, you can use them on any surface whether it is dry or wet.
The shoe has a classic Oxford lace design. It is so lightweight which gives a back-pain sufferer more comfort. However, the sizing of this shoe is not accurate. You have to order a half size larger from your usual size.
- 100% combination of waterproof nubuck
- With full grain leather and rubber sole
- Specially built with classic Oxford lace design
- Durable, lightweight as well as supportive
- Waterproof leather upper offers flexible use in water
- Size is not accurate
- Not enough comfortable
12. Vionic Women’s Splendid Midi Perf Slip-on
Vionic is a brand for amazing sneakers with excellent cushion and comfort. This shoe is also very much excellent with leather materials. Vionic Women’s Splendid Midi Perf Slip-on shoe is a good option for the back-pain sufferers. The upper of the shoe is leather or nubuck Upper.
There is a removable Twill Wrapped EVA footbed in this shoe. The outsole of this shoe is a durable rubber outsole. The shoe has received APMA which means the American Podiatric Medical Association Seal. Therefore, you can guess about the quality of this shoe.
You can move freely and stylishly with this slip-on. The shoe features cool and on-trend leather or nubuck uppers. The twin gore panels allow you to use it all day long. It is a podiatrist-designed footbed shoe, specially built to promote stability from the ground to up.
Actually, Vionic comes with both style and science. This shoe is a combination of innovative biomechanics and most coveted trends. They are the best shoes for back pain as well as stylish shoes. And this shoe is not for the wide feet. Our recommendation is to collect them for your feet.
- Rubber sole, leather or nubuck upper
- Removable Wrapped EVA footbed with durable rubber outsole.
- Has APMA Seal of Acceptance which ensures the quality
- Can move freely and comfortably with twin gore panels
- A podiatrist-designed footbed to promotes stability from the ground up
- Not good for wide feet
- May fit narrow and tight
13. Dr. Comfort Ranger Men’s Therapeutic – Best Work Shoes for Back Pain
Dr. Comfort is the name of the special care for various types of foot problem. This boot can offer good support for the heavy energetic movement. Dr. Comfort Ranger Men’s Therapeutic Diabetic Extra Depth Hiking Boot is made of leather upper. This classic shoe is a desirable one for anyone. Specially who are in search of the finest quality in a comfortable shoe.
The shoe is designed as a therapeutic shoe. It also provides many protective as well as excellent features for all. The brand includes a gel insert in this shoe. That’s why you can stay active in comfort with this stylish and lightweight shoe.
There is an elastic lace closure to give you the right sizing. You can customize your sizing with the hook and loop strap. This lightweight shoe with seamless and padded lining can be a great solution for your back pain. Not only back pain but also for heel pain, ankle pain, plantar fasciitis, and other foot problem, this shoe is a good option.
However, there are also some demerits of this shoe. The shoe can fit loose around your ankle if you have a thin foot. So, you should also keep in mind about these problems with this shoe.
- Made of leather material
- Desirable for anyone who looks for the finest quality in a comfort shoe
- Provide many protective and comfort features
- Has a gel insert to stay active along with stylish and lightweight comfort
- Leather uppers keep responsive with Seamless and Padded Lining
- Size may vary
- Loose around the ankle
14. Merrell Women’s Dassie Buckle – Best Shoes for Back Problems
Merrell is a name of style, fashion, and comfort. Their products are so much appealing to the women who are looking for a stylish look in their shoes. But this shoe combines style with excellent comfort together. This leather shoe comes with a rubber sole as usual. Merrell Dassie Buckle is a slip-resistant shoe to protect you from various injuries.
This buckled leather shoe can make an excellent impression without sacrificing comfy. There is an adjustable strap to provide you with the right fit. It allows the precise fitting. Where the leather of this shoe gives just enough stretch to give you a comfortable fit.
The formal appearance of this shoe makes it office uses shoe. So, you can use them informal meeting and occasions. The high degree of comfort makes it excellent as nursing shoes. The users of this shoe said that they feel like a slipper when they wear this shoe. They also included that it can provide comfort during long periods of walking.
Everything has some negative sides. This shoe has also some demerits. The shoe is not so durable. Therefore, you can not use them for a long time. And the sizing of this shoe is not accurate. You have to pick them to see the sizing chart so that you can get a proper fit.
- Leather materials with durable rubber sole
- Features buckle and offer slip-resistant movement
- Provides excellent impression without sacrificing comfort
- Offers a formal appearance
- can provide comfort during long periods of walking.
- Size may vary
- Not so durable
15. MBT USA Inc Men’s Sport 3 – Best Sneakers for Bad Back
The last but not least shoe as the best shoes for back pain is MBT USA Inc Men’s Sport 3 Grey Fitness Walking Sneakers 400334-133. This is our last pick for back pain. But don’t think that they are the worst. The synthetic and mesh materials shoe offers optimal support for your regular uses.
MBT USA Inc Men’s Sport 3 Grey Fitness Walking Sneakers are made with rubber sole. The sole is very stable and durable. This MBT shoe is very dynamic. You can use them for various purposes. The upper of this shoe is synthetic leather or mesh upper. This shoe is a breathable shoe. It allows good air circulation to keep in at the right temperature.
The footbed of this shoe is made of removable mesh. It gives great traction to the wearer. The midsole is designed with Sensor Technology. The non-marking rubber outsole can protect you by offering the right amount of support and stability.
- Built with synthetic and mesh upper
- The footbed is made with removable mesh
- The midsole is built with sensor technology
- Non-Marking rubber outsole gives stability
- Comfortable for back pain
- Highly expensive
- Looks bulky
Factors To Consider When Selecting Best Shoes for Back Pain
There are many factors to come to your attention when buying such shoes. These include the following:
The outside material is crucial for the well being of your shoes. You should opt for the leather shoes that are the best you could find. Leather creates an invisible barrier between the inner part of the shoes and the external environment.
Not to mention, that the leather shoes make you look a lot more stylish and fancy among your friends. These shoes can give you all the appearance approval you need.
Modern design is a prerequisite for your shoes. You need to have special straps and imprints on top of your shoes. These features would make them easier to wear while being out with your friends. No matter if your back pain shoes are sneakers. You will always look your best.
This is necessary to exist. Anti-slip soles are made from special rubber lugs that increase the friction to the ground. This makes you feel a lot safer while wearing them.
Finally, comfort is the ultimate goal for all shoes that are made to deal with back pain. You need to have the cushioned shoes that provide you extra support for your heel and foot curve areas.
This is where the pain is getting accumulated. So be prepared to have the most comfortable shoes in the world!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the best shoes to wear for lower back pain?
The best shoes for back pain keep on being the sneakers. These have a lower shaft and can give you the best access to the road. You will feel comfortable to walk on these shoes since the inner sole is tender and soft.
Not to mention that the ankle can become more protected and give you less pain while walking. Using the right exercises you can even get rid of the back pain in a matter of weeks.
Q. Can Good shoes help back pain?
Good shoes can certainly help back pain. They have a special anti-slip feature that will keep you stable all the time. Plus the midsole foamy material can easily absorb all shocks coming from the ground.
Q. What are the best shoes to wear for sciatica?
The best shoes for sciatica are the sneakers that do not affect the sciatica nerve. These shoes have a softer inner sole that is not suppressing the nerve while is it going down there.
Q. Does arch support help back pain?
Arch support is a modern technology that supports the back pain. It constitutes the protection of the arch that is crucial for people that are in constant pain. Modern shoes are always opting for it. The benefits can be shown even from the first week.
Q. Can the wrong shoes cause lower back pain?
Absolutely yes. The wrong shoes are always causing back pain since they influence your balance in a bad way. They are also leaving less room for your toe fingers that is causing extra distress when suffering from back pain.
List of 15 Best Back Pain Shoes
Congratulations! Finally, You finished the guide about the best shoes for back pain. You know that a sound mind lives in a sound body. Therefore, you should wear such types of shoes which let you move with proper support and flexibility. As back pain may cause another health problem, you should care for this.
A shoe that is specially designed for back pain can minimize your pain. Sometimes, it can remove your back pain. Because back pain develops for some mistakes of your regular lifestyles. If you get the right support and cushion in the right portion, definitely it can be a relief for your pain.